Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Thoughts {03.04.15}

Looks like I've developed a new category for the Blog that I'm simply going to call "Thoughts".  I'm incorporating all the "On The Run" columns into this section after getting a positive response to those writings.  I'm going to use this section as a way for me to jot down random musings or things I've seen that are worth pointing out that aren't perhaps worth an entire posting on their own.  Here goes for today.

-Markets are by our work now overbought in all time frames.  This along with valuations could be the reason for the most recent choppiness.

-Probability suggests that we will likely see more volatility this year.  Investors presumably don't mind volatility on the way up but they sure hate it when it goes the other way against their positions.

-Oil seems for the time being to have stabilized.

-You want to really give the economy a boost fix this:  Bloomberg Business News: U.S. Companies are Stashing $2.1 Trillion Overseas to Avoid Taxes.   That's the equivalent of being ranked 9th by world GDP.