Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ireland: Post Script

An Irish Post Script:
We have been so focused on our deteriorating economic condition that we for the most part haven't realized how bad it is most everywhere else. Europe's economic condition is at least as bad as ours and probably worse. Ireland's economy as we've chronicled in previous posts is in the tank. As I've also previously mentioned a year ago I took my family to Ireland as a graduation present to our oldest son. Back then Ireland was booming and the Euro reflected that fact. In fact my conversion price was 20% higher than what I could get today. That means my vacation probably cost me 20% more than it would in 2009! I'll try to find a good chart of this at some point.
They say timing is everything. It's probably a good thing that I never wanted to be a currency trader.