Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Introducing A New Muse.

Hedge Fund Boy is another of my muses although I have not discussed him in the fact. His day job is to be a fund of funds hedge fund advisor for a large institution. Along with being pretty smart regarding the markets he is a wicked good tennis player. He is part of the WYWEG indicator I introduced to you back in early March. See link: http://lumencapital.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-indicator.html

Hedge Fund Boy and I have a bet. I say the lows printed earlier this month {roughly 666 on S*P 500 won't be revisited in the next two years. He says we'll see those and maybe lower before then. I've listed before why I like my chances {that is absent something unlooked for coming over the gunnels}. I don't know his except he is much more bearish on the economy. We'll see who is right. Payoff date is 3.23.11-God willing we're all still around.

BTW for what its worth stocks are up about 14% since this indicator was introduced. The "Brain Trust" met again last night after tennis. I would characterize its members as still leaning bearish.

*Long ETFs related to the S&P 500.