Monday, March 23, 2009

About That Variant Thought.

So I was thinking this morning about the old saw in our business that "Markets will do what they have to do to prove the most amount of people wrong". Again I keep thinking what is the one thing investors aren't looking for and again I come back to the notion that would be stocks absolutely exploding to the upside. We first touched on this subject here: http://lumencapital.blogspot.com/2009/03/variant-thought.html
News of the Treasury's new bailout plan is rocketing stocks north this morning. I think more and more of us are at least beginning to feel like if nothing more a bottom is in for the market. That is most investors now have to think that until proven wrong the March lows might hold.
Now again I'm not saying that something like getting us back to say 1300 on the S&P 500 will happen. But I can devise a scenario of how it COULD happen as such we must now incorporate that probability (even if it is slight) into the game plan. It is still the one scenario I've heard absolutely nobody discuss. Remember almost nobody saw last year's crash coming. 12 months ago must of us would have dismissed that notion. Does get one to thinking!
*Long ETF's related to the S*P 500.