Tuesday, January 05, 2021

New Posting Schedule

I said in my annual introduction to the blog yesterday that we were going to be taking posting this year down to a minimum of one time a week.  There's several reasons for this.  The first and foremost is that after writing nearly 3,100 posts since April of 2005 I've run out of things to say.  Rather, it might be more correct for me to state that I've run out of things to say all the time that clients, who are interested in the markets might find interesting.  I'm hoping that delivering more pointed content once a week will work better at delivering commentary about markets and the investment process.  I will post more often than the schedule if I feel events warrant.

Secondly, I'm hoping that commenting on a platform such as twitter might get across in a more timely manner the things I might like to discuss.  To that point you can find me over there @lumencapital.  

Finally I've just decided I need a break from the responsibility of posting more than once a week.  

At any rate we'll see how it goes in the first part of the year.  I'll perhaps change it back up if I find I miss the grind.

P.S.  I wouldn't necessarily read much into much of the weakness yesterday.  There's a lot of money that waited until this year to make sales in their accounts so as not to have to pay taxes on those gains this April.  I know, I know, you're going to say but what if capital gains taxes go up under a Biden Administration?  Well, a lot of folks are willing to take that bet if it means they don't have to write a check in April.