Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Two Quick Notes

I'm involved in a series of meetings and conference calls today and I'll have something a bit more specific in the next few days {believe it or not it's an article about the weather}.  However, everybody who has money invested with some outside firm, should read this article about Ken Fisher and his marketing juggernaut firm that is Fisher Investments.  Fisher came under fire in the past few weeks for some alleged inappropriate comments at a conference.  That's led to scrutiny of both Fisher and his company.  I know nothing about Fisher other than his face and his firm are all over the internet and TV with adds.  I can't say whether his advice is good or bad or what level of personalization investors get from putting their money with him.   I'll have more to say about this in the coming weeks but I suggest you go read what these folks say it's like working at his firm.  I am a bit of a skeptic that one gets much personal investment advice or care when a firm gets that big unless you have very large dollars invested with them.  However, I don't know anything about the firm so again I urge you to go read the article and judge for yourself.

Also on a quick note so far from my perch it seems that earnings season is coming in better than expected.  It's early but so far we're seeing more that seems to be good than bad.