Friday, October 11, 2019

In The Things Are Getting Better Department

Regular readers of this blog will note that I've not been in the economic doom and gloom camp these past few years.  While I've always said growth has slowed from the torrid pace we saw in 2017 and early 2018, I wasn't then and am still not in the camp that a recession has to inevitably follow from what we've been seeing.  I don't know if we're done with this slow growth phase but I think the probability of economic contraction, at least in the immediate future is probably not that great.  

In that vein go read at the link below the analysis of the 2018 report on income and poverty in the United States.  It will give you an economic reading much more positive than what you often hear out of the press.  Hard for me to believe the economy is in danger of contraction when many of the data points I see remain positive.  I'm not wedded to this position and if the facts change then so will I.  But the data to me isn't supportive of a recession in the immediate future and this report is an example of why I may be more positive than most regarding the economy.


I will try to post Tuesday and Thursday next week if my schedule permits.