Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Go View

Normally I would have titled this post as "Go Read" but today I'm sending you back to the website Visual Capitalist and I think you should go view their great post, "7 Facts That Will Free You From the Fear of Stock Market Crashes".  

There are all sorts of great points the post makes but I'll highlight a few:

The average correction happens about once a year, lasts 54 days and leads to on average a 13.5% decline in prices.  {My note:  It has been a very long time since we've seen a correction that last more than that amount.}

Fewer than 20% of all corrections turn into bear markets.

Nobody can predict consistently whether the market will rise or fall.

Bear markets turn into bull markets

The greatest danger is being out of the market.

Anyway go take a look at this post.  There's a lot more great data points there than the few things I've noted above.

Back Friday.