Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Thoughts {09.28.16}

I'm really light of interesting things to talk about today so I'll keep this brief.

The hits just keep coming in hedge fund land.  Perry capital is closing its flagship fund.

Irrespective of my initial views of the debates, the markets have pretty much decided that Mrs.  Clinton won.  All the major US indices tacked on gains yesterday.  Most were up over a half of a percent.  

Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX has a plan for putting a colony on Mars.  The problem is there is a high probability of death if you sign up for the voyage.  That's not from some scientist.  That's from Musk himself.  The space nerd in me thinks going to Mars would be pretty cool but putting a long-term colony on the planet sounds like a logistical  and scientific nightmare.  I'm not sure why we wouldn't first practice this sort of thing on the moon.  Still the video of the rocket Musk envisions taking us out there is pretty neat.  Go watch it here.