Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Quick Take On The Debate

As I said I need to be out today.  This is my quick take on the debate last night.  I think if you were judging it on points then Mrs. Clinton narrowly won.  For the most part she looked Presidential and had a lot of answers to the more technical question asked by the moderator.  Mr. Trump was more of a generalist and at times it might have been better if he had better answers to certain specific questions like his tax returns.  He also had a sniffling problem throughout the debate that was distracting.  Trump also looked Presidential and authoritative at times.  While I think Mrs. Clinton won the debate, Mr. Trump earned the right to continue to try to close the deal with the American people.  Mrs. Clinton did not knock him out of the box or did he implode on his own.  I'm guessing that last nights debate  probably didn't change the undecided vote enough to start swinging the election to one of the two.  Both survived and  this will be continued in round two.    My guess is the next debate will be uglier and more personal.

Now that's my short take and it comes without reading anything that the pundits have put out today.  Also no polls have been taken nationally or in the battleground states so I might be way off.

Back tomorrow.