Tuesday, December 14, 2021

What's Bothering Investors Right Now?

 Ok so here's all the issues bothering investors right now.


1.  First stocks have been correcting under the surface for months.  It's the mega cap names that have been holding up the indices.

2.  Continued worrisome inflation data.

3.  Fears of what the Federal Reserve will say tomorrow about raising interest rates next year.

4.  Supply chain issues leading to more inflation.

5.  A renewed fear that the omicron variant will derail the economy.

6.  End of year tax loss selling.

All of these events have led more to a buyers strike than out and out selling by most investors.  Any  of these reasons, or just a few of them, might have been enough to bring back volatility to stocks.

I'm still going with what I laid out here and to clients back in early November in my article, "It's Different This Time".  

I'm a bit under the weather these days so I don't know when I might post again.  Hopefully at least one more time before the end of the year.