Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Go Read

A bit busy this morning.  Markets have taken off on the election results.  Go read for today the following discussing the election last night.


Bloomberg.com: Election Shows That U.S. Divisions Are Only Growing Wider.  {Just so you know I don't agree with the thesis that the country as a whole is as bitterly divided as the political class and the media pundits would have us all believe.  At some point maybe I'll discuss why I think I'm right on this subject.}


The election came in as consensus expected with the Democrats winning control of the House and Republicans expanding their grip on the Senate.  My early read is that the results on a national scale have to be viewed as a slight disappointment for the Democrats.  I say that just looking at the numbers and not trying to paint this in a political viewpoint.  In saying that, each side will have things they can point to in trying to spin the election with a positive view for their respective sides.  This process is now to be continued out to 2020.

This week has been hectic and I'm out at meetings tomorrow.  Will be back Friday.