Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Forces Shaping The Future

I'm going to send you today back over to Visual Capitalist and have you take a look at the infographic called  "The 8 Major Forces Shaping The Future Of The Global Economy".  It is very hard for me to be negative about the future when I read something like this or anything else that lets you take a deeper dive into the trends shaping our future.   

Pay attention to where they discuss China {Section 4 "Eastern Promises"}.  You may have seen before graphics or charts comparing the GDP of US cities or states to various other parts of the world but I'll bet you've never seen one where they do the same GDP comparisons with cities in China.  My guess is that most Americans couldn't even place the majority of these cities on a map.  The Chinese know much more about us then we do about them.

You may have seen me discuss in the past accelerating technological progress.  They do a fantastic job laying out that thesis in section 5.

One thing I think they're missing is the coming commercial and military development of space.

Back Friday.