Thursday, January 04, 2018

I Can't Tell If This Guy Is Serious


I can't tell if this guy is serious or if this is a parody.  If he's for real in his discussion of bitcoin, then one would have to be open to the probability that bitcoin's in the speculative blow off stage of an investment mania.  

No opinion myself....watch the video and you be the judge.  This is the part I find ironic and now I'm quoting from the video:

"Let me explain how bitcoin works. People worry when there is no gold behind money. But you don't have to worry about that with bitcoin because not only is there no gold behind it, there's no anything else behind it either. So technically it's nothing.  But because the good-hearted, anonymous people behind bitcoin release only a limited amount of this nothing, its worth something. Scarcity is what makes anything valuable. So with bitcoin, scarcity is what makes nothing valuable, as well.

Another instrumental part of bitcoin is the blockchain.  It's a ledger that keeps track of bitcoin and keeps everyone accountable. Blockchain helps cut out the third party of banks that you have with normal money tansactions.  So its like a third party that cuts out the other third party, because we don't need a third party in our exchange of rare and precious digital currencies.  The genius behind bitcoin is it's an alternative currency to money, which means next to bitcoin, money doesn't really matter anymore.  So the  beautiful part about putting money into bitcoin is that the value of your money-which doesn't matter anymore-goes up, while the amount of bitcoin you have-which does matter-stays the same.   

Now with bitcoin I am all of the sudden the most qualified financial advisor I know. My strong history of no track record in wealth accumulation has given me the experience I need to recognize a once in a lifetime opportunity to get rich the easy way,  by investing in bitcoin...And its given me the ability to tell everyone I know about it.  There is a rule in the investment world you can bank on with bitcoin- what goes up never comes down. In the history of bitcoin its never crashed, so it never will.   Let me give you a tip, the best way to diversify your portfolio, is to put all your money into bitcoin, there's virtually no risk. 

Perhaps he'll have the last laugh and like I said it's hard to tell if this is for real or if it's a joke.  If he's serious though only time will tell.  Back next week.