Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Solas! An Introduction

Solas!


Hello and Welcome! At least once a year I will  republish the introduction to this blog and my general disclaimer:

As stated way back when, this is an experiment and Solas! so far seems to me to be the best opportunity to focus on what I want to write in a time efficient and hopefully interesting manner. However, please keep in mind that so far this is a hit or miss experiment. I don't yet know if this is going to work, how it's going to look or even if I am going to be satisfied with the end product. As a work in progress, especially at its inception, this may be a hit or miss endeavor. I don't know how and may never have time to do many of the things that make this look pretty or more professional. Nor am I going to take time away from my business to become an expert blogger. I do over time hope to make this better. I welcome your comments and suggestions.

What this is:

A learning experience. A way for me on occasion to make a point.

A way for me on occasion to discuss markets and investing.

A place for me on occasion to discuss the vagaries of life and perhaps editorialize.

A place to discuss the investment process.


What this is not:

A forum to tout any form of individual investments. (Particularly individual stocks or ETFs). We do not make recommendations on this blog! If we do discuss individual sectors or securities it will be solely in the context of a learning experience. You should understand that any individual sector or security that may be discussed here has the possibility of loss of principal.

A place for me to give individual investment advice. (Call me or others for this).

A theatre for me to tell you how wonderful I am.

An environment for me to make stock valuation claims i.e. "XYZ is worth 50 dollars!" If & when we do discuss valuations, that will be an opinion and nothing there should be construed as a guarantee of return or a guarantee that a stock will ever trade to an actual price.

And anything else that I might think of going forward.

One other thing. Where I discuss any individual security I will disclose whether I or clients currently own that stock or ETF. That disclosure is only valid for the day of the post as investments can change at any time. Any person who reads this blog and is not a client of Lumen Capital Management, LLC should either do their own research, give us a call or talk to their own investment advisor before making any investment based on anything written within the confines of this blog.

Oh and a final disclaimer!!! I write principally for the clients and friends of my firm, Lumen Capital Management, LLC. It is a way for them to get a quick read on my thoughts about the markets and any other subject I might cover. I do so after understanding to the best of my ability their unique risk/reward criteria. As such any casual or outside reader of this blog should understand that I am not writing for them! Therefore I or my firm takes no responsibility for any actions overt or otherwise a casual reader of this blog might take based on our discussions here. Casual or outside readers should do their own homework, discuss our articles with their own investment advisors or better yet hire us.

In short if you're not a client and you read this you're on your own.