Wednesday, July 20, 2016

4 Dumb Money Mistakes

Business Insider ran an article yesterday discussing with Kevin O'Leary of "Shark Tank" fame, four of the dumbest money mistakes people can make.  I think younger readers should be especially interested in these but they apply to us older folks as well.  I'll give you what O'Leary thinks are the mistakes but you're going to have to go to the article to see his solutions.

Spending on crap clothing you won't wear.
Not knowing your monthly nut.
Spending more than you make.
Racking up credit card debt.

All of these are good points he makes.  I for one have always advocated buying quality {often good but not necessarily the highest in value} and using it till there's almost nothing left to be wrung out of whatever it is I've bought.  I'll buy good quality shoes and where them till they can't be patched up anymore as long as they look acceptable.  I drive a Lexus which I bought new-thirteen years ago.  Nothing beats not having a car payment and Chicago roads aren't kind to cars.  At any rate go read the article at the link below.