Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Thoughts {07.06.16}

The posts I wanted to continue about dividends will have to wait until a future date.  My internet issues remain in terms of posting to the blog  For some basic thoughts on this though you can go here. That's a post I wrote as an introduction on dividends a few weeks ago.  For some reason, I'm having trouble downloading certain files and pictures.  I'm told it has to do with my location.  Since I'm working out of the Rhode Island "office", that series will have to wait until I'm back home next week.

Market is looking to post its 2nd down day in a row after last week's run-up from the Brexit vote lows.  That shouldn't be surprising.  First markets were short-term overbought by our work after last week's advance.  Also we now have the phony mark-ups due to end of quarter shenanigans out of the way.  Finally I think there is a higher probability of increased volatility between now and the election. I intend to use weakness to look for bargains.  So far I don't think we've seen enough of a decline to think many of those bargains are starting to show up.

Go read over Albert Hunt over at Bloomberg,. "Hillary Clinton Needs a Dr. No".

Go read over at MoneyBeat {Part of the Wall Street Journal's web postings}, "Where are Oil Prices Going?  Watch the Pump".

Back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home