Wednesday, July 01, 2015

The Next Few Days.

I will be out tomorrow and the markets are closed on Friday. I don't make trading calls in the short term but 30 years in this business does give me some idea of how short-term traders think. In that vein, probability suggests stocks could get choppy between now and tomorrow's close.  It is likely that traders will not want to be long short-term trades going into a weekend where uncertainty may be higher than normal.  The situation in Greece remains fluid and there are a few more negatives out there what with Puerto Rico and the like.  The other side of that coin is that the US economy is percolating along right now with decent job growth creation and other economic statistics showing gains.  That could provide a floor to market uncertainty at some point.

Not saying that any of this will happen and I definitely think you should do your own research, consult your own investment advisor or better yet hire us before making any short-term assumptions. This is nothing more on my part than observation and you run the risk that I may be wrong in my probabilistic assessment of a short-term observation.  To sum it up,  you are on your own if you act on this or anything else you read on this blog!

Back Monday or Tuesday.  Will break in over the weekend if the need arises.