Thursday, February 13, 2014

Six Financial Thoughts.

"Six Financial Maxims That You Should Rethink" from Business Insider.com and via LearnVest.com  This article is well worth the time, especially if you're younger and trying to develop a relationship between your life goals and money.  I'll list the six and a brief quote from most.  You need to go read the whole article at the link above!

1.  The more money I earn, the happier I'll be.  "Research shows that more money doesn't necessarily equate to more happiness….There is also research to show that what {you spend your money} on, specifically, influences your happiness too."

2.   My kids should be my financial priority.   "You have to be able to take care of yourself first, so you're able to take care of the kids."

3.  Debt is always bad.  "There is definitely good debt.  This is the money you borrow to pay for something you expect to increase in value over time."

4.  I should put off my life goals until I can afford them.  "Generally speaking, you should be saving up for longer-term money goals so you can create the life you want, without the cost taking you by surprise."

5.  Never Rent when you can own. 

6.  Money is the root of all evil.  "The truth is, money, on its own, isn't good or bad, its what you do with it that matters."  {I liked this one the best.}