Friday, October 05, 2012

Smidiríní

It's been awhile since we've run one of these posts.  Here's some of the things I've been reading this week.


US as a Debt Addict {Bill Gross, Pimco}

More evidence that hedge funds are lagging benchmarks.  {ETF replay.com}

We showed yesterday a smattering of major national publications first thoughts on Wednesday's debate.  I like Bloomberg news because they tend to be more politcally neutral than most other publications.  See this article about Wednesday's debate:  What Romney's Debate Victory Means.

We are 'evolving' the military to be a human force that performs civil-military relations and infrastructure work with a smaller 'killer elite' group of spec-ops, intelligence, and drone units that operate in the dark without the knowledge, let alone supervision, of the civilian society that's supposed to control them. We know less and less about what our military is doing, but the really troubling part is that we like it that way.   
Quote from over at Rick's Foreign Policy.com

Scoop on today's jobs data.  Revisions Help Blow Jobs Number Away  {Business Insider.com}

Finally a note.  I try to highlight and color code when I link posts.  For whatever reason when I write on my iMac, sometimes the program will let me do this and at other times it won't.  Not sure if that is an issue with the computer or the blog itself.  At any rate I have another windows based system coming in sometime in the next few weeks and I'm going to see if some of these things can be taken care of better on that system.  Until then I apologize for the optics on how this looks sometimes.