Thursday, April 26, 2012

Guesstimating the Markets {Part I}

Last year on June 23rd I published a post that I called If I Had To Guess.  In that post I did a directional guess on where I thought stocks might trade between that date and sometime in October {which was as far out as I could take that chart at the time}.  Below is a reprint of that chart. 

The purple lines and way points indicate the approximate values where the S&P 500 actually traded last year.  The last point marked as 1. on the chart shows the approximate value where the market ended 2011.  It is not drawn to scale as the chart itself did not go out that far back then.  Tomorrow and the next several days I will post some new ideas in a series of scenarios about where the market might go in 2012.  


*Long ETFs related to the S&P 500 in client and personal accounts.