Thursday, February 09, 2012

an tSionna {02.09.12}-The Dow


A friend asked me to post a chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.  This is frankly not an average I pay much attention to as it is to narrowly focused for my work {although as you can see from the disclosure I have some clients who own this ETF}.  Chart is a weekly of the Dow Jones Industrail Average ETF {DIA}.  That triple top implies higher prices at some point if the index can break through resistance.  Careful here though because it's overbought like everything else.

BTW I was asked why most of the time I show charts of the ETFs instead of the underlying indices and the reason for that is the ETFs are something that investors can actually buy versus their index counterparts.  Also these big liquid indices rarely stray too much from their underlying net asset values.

*Long ETFs related to the Dow Jones Industrial in certain client accounts.