Monday, March 30, 2009

an tSionna: Market Guesstimate


I have tried to do a guesstimate of what I think COULD happen to stocks over the rest of the year. As you know I think we have seen the lows for this cycle and stocks have simply now moved back into the trading range we've experienced since last fall. I think that range is likely to hold for the foreseeable future-meaning we could be not much higher than were we are now by summer's end. I think the end result of that is a market that has an explosive move to the upside sometime in the fall. I think all things being equal we could see the S*P 500 moving back to 1,000-1,100 by years end.
I think this could be a very good trading market for the next 3-6 months and a good market for certain sectors during this time. We'll discuss those sectors at some point in the future.
Remember this is a guess! For all I know we could plunge next week (on new unexpected bad news) or we might blast off much sooner than I'm looking for! I'm simply throwing out from a money flow perspective what I think is likely to happen and what I think probability is dictating at this time. It is also a scenario we're incorporating into the Game plan.
*Long S&P 500 related ETFs.
**Please note that the above stated scenario is no prediction or guarantee of future events or stock price movement. It is our educated guess. Before acting on this or any other event we discuss in this blog please call and have a discussion with us. If you are not a client of our firm you act on these events at your own risk and we strongly suggest discussing this first with your own financial advisor.