Sunday, April 16, 2006

An Introduction & Welcome!

Solas

Hello and Welcome!
One of my promises at the beginning of the year was to begin an investment series that covered a multitude of topics. Yet as you all can see it is almost May with so far nothing written. It has not been for want of trying but rather timing! I have a lot that I want to cover and not enough time to put it all into literate thought. As an experiment I am going to try for a time to put out parts of this series in serial form on the internet. A blog so far seems to me to be the best opportunity to focus on what I want to write in a time efficient and hopefully interesting manner. However, please keep in mind that so far this is a hit or miss experiment. I don't yet know if this is going to work, how it's going to look or even if I am going to be satisfied with the end product. As a work in progress, especially at its inception, this may be a hit or miss endeavor. I don't know yet how to import charts or pictures or do many of the things that make this look pretty or more professional. Nor am I going to take time away from my business to become an expert blogger. I do over time hope to make this better. I welcome your comments and suggestions.
What this is:
A learning experience.
A way for me on occasion to make a point.
A way for me on occasion to discuss markets and investing.
A place for me on occasion to discuss the vagaries of life and perhaps editorialize.
A place to discuss the investment process.
What this is not:
A forum to tout any form of individual investments. (Particularly individual stocks).
A place for me to give individual investment advice. (Call me or others for this).
A theatre for me to tell you how wonderful I am.
An environment for me to make stock valuation predictions. i.e. "XYZ is worth 50 dollars!"
And anything else that I might think of going forward.
Well with the introduction out of the way, let's begin.
Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Chris