Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas


The stock market took a breather today from a Santa Claus rally that's basically taken stocks up a bit over 2%.  Actually the markets have mostly taken a breather this year as the S&P 500 is right now trading where it ended 2014.  Next week will most likely be a quiet time on Wall Street with most money managers licking their wounds from a year that for many went sour over the summer.  I may be back with a thought or two next week but for us as well we'll likely spend the time with family and friends.  We will definitely be back here as the year turns into 2016.  I have some ideas for changes in the blog and hope to roll out a few new business ideas next year so I think it will be an exciting time.

Reflecting the trading the past six months, the mood on Wall Street is pretty sour.  I think things might not be as glum, although I do believe there's a higher probability of continued volatility in the year ahead.  We'll detail these thoughts to you after the beginning of the year.  For now we'll leave all of that for 2016 and today celebrate Christmas Eve, my favorite day of the year.  I've already received my present as I have all three of my children and my mother here this year.  There are no little English's running down the stairs screaming with glee tomorrow morning but their young adult versions bring a ruckus and excitement to our place that's fun to be around.  

On behalf of all of us at Lumen Capital Management, LLC, we wish you a Merry Merry Christmas as well as a prosperous and joyous 2016.  

God bless you all.

*Long ETFs related to the S&P 500 in client and personal accounts although these positions can change at any time.