Monday, October 19, 2015

What I Read

Investing in ETFs means that I am more interested in bigger themes than what any individual stock may do.  I also need to understand how the political and increasingly how the scientific and military realms effect the investment universe.  As such, I spend at least a couple of hours a day reading research as well as investment related sites.  I was asked the other day what I read most days.  That would be a long answer as there are some sites I read religiously and others that I check less often.  Below is a list of places that I check everyday.    Please note this is not an endorsement of what is written at these websites.  Also please note that none of these authors knows me or has a business relationship with me or my firm.  I am not paid or compensated in any manner by putting out this list.  

These are sites that I go to almost daily.  I'm listing them the way they are saved on my computer and thus are not mentioned in any order of importance.  Some are subscription based and are indicated as such.  I'll just post a link to the site.  I'll not leave a description of what they do so I don't become labeled as biased.

Investment related sites:
Realmoney.com  Part of The Street.com Empire.  {Subscription Required-I am a subscriber to this website.}
Bespoke Investment Group:  {Subscription Required-I am a subscriber to this website.}
Bloomberg.com
The Reformed Broker
Quartz
Zerohedge
Abnormal Returns  
MoneyBeat {By the Wall Street Journal}
Finviz.com
Stockcharts.com

Political & Newspapers {Investment Trends are not always found on investment sites}
Politico
The XX Committee {Does not necessarily publish everyday.}
Chicago Tribune
Washington Post
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Vox
Vice
The BBC News
Deutsche Welle

Technology:
Wired.com
Space.com
The Verge
Gizmodo
Ars Technica

Defense:
Stratfor
The Long Wars Journal

These are the ones I at least take a peak at everyday.  At some point I'll put out a list of those I review a few times a week or only once and awhile.