Monday, March 19, 2012

PreMarks {A Thought}

It's all about Apple today {see post below}.  Yet I'm thinking about the warmer weather.  We're now into our 2nd week of way above normal temperatures here.  Saturday's St. Patrick's Day parade saw temperatures in the 80's and was the warmest in something like 130 years!  This in turn has me thinking about the very mild winter we've experienced in most of the northern part of the US.

I'm thinking about this because while I've heard a lot of discussion in recent weeks about how the cost of gasoline is putting a crimp on consumer wallets, nobody is talking about the weather's effect on heating bills.  We have all the windows open here and I don't think my heat has turned on for the past week.  That's unheard of in mid-March.  That has got to be between a 50-75 dollar reduction in my next heating bills.  That hedges a lot of the increase in gas prices so far.

*Long AAPL in certain client accounts. Long QQQ in client accounts.