Saturday, September 03, 2011

Football


We'll take a time out from our regular fare to note that they start playing college football this weekend.  Actually the football season began Thursday but as far as I'm concerned the season begins 2:30 Central Daylight Time when the Irish begin their season against The University of South Florida {USF}.  The Irish have the potential to be a pretty good football team this year but to be honest I think there is a real possibility that they lose this game.  Skip Holtz {son of ND coaching legend Lou} is USF's head coach and this is just the sort of scenario that the football gods tend to look unfavorably towards the Irish.  Hope I'm wrong.  Usually it tends to be for a reason when I get that bad football tingle and I have it now!  Irrespective I think the Irish have the potential to go 9-3 or 10-2 this year.  I just hope this weekend isn't one of those 2 or 3 losses!