Friday, June 10, 2011

Short Notes: Net Market Positive

We have become selective buyers in recent days in client accounts.  What we have been doing has depended on our various investment strategies and on client risk/reward mandates.  To reflect this fact I will move our short term rating up to NET MARKET POSITIVE.  You can click here  for a definition of that term.  While I don't know where we may be headed in the next few days {in fact as I type this the market is down by about 1/2% this morning}, I think that risk reward analysis is moving back in favor of equities at least for a rally.

I will note that we last changed our short term rating to negative back on April 11, 2011.  While this is meant to be reflective of what we do in client accounts and is not necessarily a timing device, I would note that stocks are down about 4% since that time. 

Our longer term and intermediate ratings remain unchanged also at NET MARKET POSITIVE.