Friday, July 23, 2010

an tSionna {Mystery Chart}


I've pulled up a mystery ETF chart tonight to show you something that I've noticed these past few days. One of our primary shorter term indicator screens is beginning to flash bullish signals. Because I want this to be illustrative of what we're seeing across the board I've blotted out its names and hopefully all reference points as I don't want people to think I'm either buying this or looking to purchase this ETF.

What I do want you to be able to do is see what I see regarding how money is currently flowing into the markets. These patterns are in my opinion indicative of positive flows into stocks and ETFs. I think we are in the process of bottoming out here and at least for the next couple of weeks I think there is the possibility of some sort of summer rally. No guarantees that will happen of course. I simply use this to show you what probability says could happen at this juncture. Note I am not an active purchaser of this ETF although I currently do have some legacy positions in it in certain client accounts. Also I will move the short term indicator back to NET MARKET POSITIVE. You can click here to see my definition of this term.

Please note that what is posted here is solely our market opinion and not a recommendation to buy or sell securities or a recommendation on where the markets might be headed. I post for the benefit of clients and friends of my firm. You should not act on any articles posted here without consulting your own investment advisor or doing your own homework if you are not a friend or client of our firm. Better yet, hire us and we'll show you how we use our investment disciplines!