Monday, June 28, 2010

an tSionna {Financials}



Financial stocks rallied on Friday on news of a compromise being reached in Congress on financial regulation. This was one of the items on Jim Cramer's checklist that I mentioned some time ago that we need to see happen for the market to rally. Whether or not this moves the whole market only time will tell, but I do think given what we now know that this could lead to a summer rally in these names and their respective ETFs. Above I've shown the SPDR bank ETF-symbol KBE {a position that I am long in various portfolio strategies}. I've also given some guideposts that I'll be looking for to see if my thesis pans out. I may also look to add to this positions or some of the other financial ETFS in several of our portfolio strategies over the coming week.

*Long KBE in certain client accounts. Long other ETFs related to financial ETFs in client and certain personal accounts. Long some individual financial stocks in certain client accounts.