Saturday, November 28, 2009

Notre Dame Vs. Stanford.

Notre Dame takes the bitter dregs of an ultimately failed season into Stanford for the final game of the regular season (apparently they're bowl eligible still). It is likely to be Charlie Weis' last game as well. Stanford's Jim Harbaugh (pictured above) is one of the names mentioned as his successor. Here's how I see the game. The most obvious scenario would be for the Irish, demoralized as they already are, to get pummelled by a superior Stanford club. The other and unlooked for scenario is for them to ride a wave of emotion and pull off the upset. I'm unfortunately thinking scenario one is the more likely result. By the way I have a $5.00 bet with my brother-in-law on this game so I hope the Irish at least hold the Cardinal under the spread!
Edh Charlie slan agus dia dhuit!