Thursday, February 12, 2009

Game Plan: Trades 2.12.09

Game Plan: I re-entered some of the same trading longs for risk appropriate accounts today. I plan to expand this list over the next couple of days unless the market opens up much higher tomorrow.
I have been asked why I don't mention specific names or let you know if I've made or lost money on these transactions. Here is why:
1. These trades are not appropriate for all investors and I don't want to imply that they are.
2. It becomes tricky from a compliance standpoint when you try to document these sort of transactions in terms of gains/loss or return and I do not want to imply that each of these will always work. There is no guarantee that any of these transactions will make clients money and I don't want to imply that in any manner possible.
3. These posts like the blog itself are primarily meant for clients, prospects and friends of Lumen Capital Management, LLC. They are designed solely to let you understand our disciplines and our mindset. Because we do not know other's investment profile we feel the best way to protect ourselves is to speak generally.
4. Finally I am only interested in making money for my clients and myself. I'm not about to let the casual reader or investor make money off of my ideas. If you want me to work for you then pay me!